Saturday, June 27, 2009

Found Treasures

Hello internet,

Today I found myself going through my parent's vinyl collection. Small as it is, I found some strange articles.

Let me explain, my parents are pretty moderate people. My mom is a fan of the slower, melodic music a la John Denver (whom we own about 10 albums of) and Barbara Streisand. My dad does not own much vinyl but listens to the more classic rock such as Queen and Pink Floyd (playing at Oregon State Fair this year!!!!).

I haven't looked at the collection in a while, a couple years, and since then my music knowledge has increased significantly.

In the collection I found:

Air Supply- Lost in Love
-I tend to remember Air Supply in a negative way, however, this album is actually rather good. "All out of Love" and "Lost in Love" are a combo that most albums cannot beat.

Heart- Dreamboat Annie
-the queens of rock and roll in their first album. It quickly rose their popularity, way before "Barracuda" rose them to super-stardom.




Wild Cherry
-Yes, I will play that funky music, white boy.



Starland Vocal Band
-Features the song "Afternoon Delight" made famous by Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy



I often don't realize the musical tastes of my mom used to be good (or at least decent). Also found were some Carpenters albums and Queen album (I wish I could sing half as well as Freddy Mercury). I have a feeling that these albums are going to get some serious playtime on the ol' turntable this summer... many plays indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment